It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure the forklift driver (loader) properly loads the trailer. Truck driver needs to properly secure the load with straps or load locks when applicable. Driver will then transport goods between El Dorado, Kings, and Lost Hills, Firebaugh, Stratford plants. Driver must contact off-loader, unsecure the load, and deliver the manifest. Truck Driver will be responsible for safe transportation of loads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick up and transport loads to outer warehouses based on dispatch
- Conduct all pre- and post-trip inspections of truck and trailer
- Open log books and turn in as requested on a daily basis
- If any safety issues are noted report to supervisor immediately
- Ensure contents are properly and safely secured to prevent breakage or damage before transporting
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean and organized
- Transport goods between plants and other locations as needed
- Abide by all state laws and DOT regulations
- Driver is required to advise supervisor when equipment needs regular scheduled maintenance
- Properly secure mobile ramp when applicable
- Driver must transport mobile PPO chambers in accordance with all laws
- Driver must know how to operate the Elgin sweeper
- Report any exception-based loads that were unable to be completed to the supervisor
- Must be able to perform all essential duties and responsibilities
- Must have 4 – 6 years of experience
- Must have a good safety record with no moving violations
- High school diploma is preferred
- Experience moving double flatbeds, and 53’ container
- On the road experience preferred, but not required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Class A license with doubles endorsement
- A current Medical Examiners card
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required
- Must be able to perform simple calculations; add, subtract, multiply, divide
- Must be able to identify safety hazards, reason between safe and unsafe situations, and call supervisor to inform as needed
Pay range: $26.00 – $27.00 per hour. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds is the world’s largest vertically integrated pistachio and almond grower and processor. Located in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, our operation delivers more than 450 million pounds of nuts globally each year. Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds supplies both industrial and retail customers, offering high-quality, consistent supply and adherence to rigorous food safety standards. Our nuts can be found in stores nationwide under the flagship retail brands of Wonderful Pistachios and Wonderful Almonds. Please learn more at www.wonderfulpistachiosandalmonds.com
Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds is part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $4.8 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful Halos, FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, JUSTIN Wine, and Teleflora. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com.
Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law – click here for more information