- Full time permanent role, Monday to Friday
- Over $33 per hour for experienced operators once fully trained
- Benefits including Medical Insurance, 5% KiwiSaver & Fitness/Wellbeing allowance
Port Nelson Ltd – well known for treating our people well by putting safety first, offering rewarding pay rates, and providing great training and development opportunities. There are lots of exciting things planned for the growth of the Port, so the future is looking really positive.
Given all of this, if you are after a new opportunity then the Port should be high on your list of great places to want to work.
About the role
Reporting to the QuayPack Supervisor, you will work in our Nelson based warehouses handling a range of cargo. This is a full-time permanent position rotating across the two QuayPack shifts being 6.30am-3.00pm and 2.30pm to 11.00pm. The normal hours of work will predominately be on the afternoon shift being 2.30pm to 11pm Monday to Friday.
You are a professional Forklift Operator who takes your role seriously and treats products as if they were your own. You are enthusiastic, self-motivated, and safety-conscious, and you also love being part of a high-performing team.
Ideally you will be:
- an experienced forklift operator with current certification
- fully focused on safe work practices and care of cargo
- have a thorough understanding of inventory and stock control
- pro-active and able to work unsupervised, and
- physically fit and a team player
It will also require you to demonstrate our ASPIRE values – Accountability, Safety, Passion, Integrity/honesty, Respect and Excellence.
What’s in it for you?
In return, you can look forward to working for an organisation committed to providing a great work environment, ongoing support and a competitive remuneration package.
Port Nelson is the maritime gateway for the top of the South Island and a vital hub supporting the region’s continued economic growth and prosperity.
Please note: Port Nelson Ltd is an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Pre-employment testing is part of our recruitment process. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
We need to move quickly and will be assessing applications as they are received so please apply ASAP.
Are you an experienced forklift operator looking for your next contract?
Do you have F and OSH certification, with experience in a range of environments?
Are you confident moving even the trickiest load?
If you can answer yes to these questions, then we’d love to hear from you asap!
Our client is a well-known local production site that needs your skills in their team.
Full-time hours are available, on an ongoing temporary contact basis
To succeed in this role you need to have:
- F and OSH certification
- Proven experience as a skilled and safe forklift operator
- A proactive approach to workplace health and safety
- The ability to pass pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol screening
- A collaborative, team focused style, but also be able to crack on and get the job done independently
If you can tick all the boxes, then either apply now, call/text us on 027 688 4805, or come and see us during office hours (9am to 5pm) Monday to Friday.
I have an immediate start for an experienced Forklift Operator with an F & OSH Endorsement.
This role involves unloading building materials off incoming trucks and then placing the material into storage racks
What you need:
- Operating 3-4 Tonne Forklifts
- Working 7.00am-5.00pm Monday-Friday
- Having a basic knowledge of timber and building products
- Good customer service as you will be deailing with clients and customers
- Good, safe working environment
- All PPE supplied
- 45+ hours per week
- Permanent Contract offered to the right person
You must be a New Zealand Resident or have a valid NZ Visa.
Please direct all enquiries to Mark Wilkins; email@example.com or contact on 027 276 6986