We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
About the role
Our drivers truly are the ‘face’ of our company, engaging with customers every day, delivering and collecting parcels to ensure we can get their freight to wherever it needs to go – around the corner or across the globe.
- Deliver and pick-up consignments from local business’ on a daily basis
- Greeting and building strong relationships with customers
- Ensuring the safe delivery of consignments with no damage
- Load your vehicle and restrain your load each day
- Complete safety vehicle checks
- MR License minimum is mandatory
- Ability to provide driving history record
- Previous driver or courier experience is highly desirable
- Outstanding customer service experience
- Safety focused with an understanding of chain of responsibility
- Uniform provided, including safety shoes
- Safety Above All Culture
- Career development opportunities
- A positive working culture, with our People-Service-Profit philosophy – putting our people first!
- We care for our employees well-being and value their contributions to our company
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Throughout P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivery the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
FedEx Express is one of the worlds largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the worlds top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
About the role
- Based at our Cairns Station
- Deliver and pick-up consignments
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Practice safe driving and loading activities
Skills & experience required
- Passion for physical work
- Enjoy being a team player
- Dedicated to delivering the best possible service to customers
- Minimum MR licence required
What FedEx offers
- Company vehicle, uniform & safety shoes provided
- Casual position available
- Mon-Fri shifts, start and finish times vary between 7:00 and 16:30
- Diverse & inclusive environment
- Specialised safe driver training program and support to upgrade your licence
- Safe and modern equipment, fleet and facility
- Tuition assistance
- Supportive network (and team) of caring and passionate professionals
- Career progression opportunities to be a Leader in Transport where now meets next
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the world’s top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially integrated in Australia in 2020 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
At FedEx, our workforce is as diverse as the world we serve, and we believe that everyone deserves respect. Embracing diversity is not just the right thing to do; we also have proven that it fosters innovation and makes us a more competitive company